Thursday, July 10, 2008

You should see the rest of my house...

It's VBX week here...(that's "Vacation Bible Experience" for those of you not in the "know.") And my house is a wreck. But I don't care!

Here's why I don't care...

325 kids have come to our church this week to experience the love and presence of a God who thinks they're awesome!

Over 100 volunteers have given up a week of their summer to pour into the lives of those kids.

I am getting to do crazy stuff on stage every day in an effort to captivate kids with God's love.

We are having a blast!!

(I'm sure there are some moms out there who could carry the weight of 400+ people every morning, be wild and crazy on stage, love and care for her own kids and husband, take time to rest herself, AND clean the house. I am not that mom. So guess which one goes?)

It's SOOO worth it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That... it awesome.

You should post a time-lapse of the cleanup!

Anonymous said...

I can remember a teen age girl whose bedroom didn't look much better than this. Well, maybe it was even worse. At least, this time, you have an excellent reason.

Robin said...

I'm assuming that last comment was Grandma...and my bedroom as a teen was much worse!

Anonymous said...

I want to see video clips of you being wild and crazy on stage!

Robin said...

I'll post the VBX Highlights video tomorrow.

Jonnie said...

I actually want to meet the mom who thinks she can run the details of VBX.... as well as the support to her husband... be a mom... deal with a demanding assistant and still be able to keep up the house to par... who is that?