Saturday, July 26, 2008

As Promised...

...our finished Bonus Room. Here's the before and here. And here's the after! Ta-da!

Furniture from Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, Fred Meyer, and Ikea. Curtain rods are from West Elm.
We might eventually change the rug, but it's neutral and protects the carpet from little spills. The blinds in this room are black-out shades. It makes for a good movie room.
The bulletin boards are from the local craft store. Just choose any pre-made frame from their framing department and they'll turn it into a bulletin board. Very economical. The white nesting tables next to the couch are from PB Teen.
Pillows from Pottery Barn. They have great pillows! You can see the hallway in this picture, and the guest room and guest bath.
I sewed the curtains out of fabric-by-the-yard from PB.
Desk chairs from Pottery Barn.
Art Supplies! The kids sit facing each other, but each have their own space, bulletin board, and storage.
Light fixture from Ikea.
There you go! Just a little peek into my house. This is probably the most finished room in the house. I better get busy...

15 comments:

AZDonna said...

It turned out fabulous!
Mom

Grammon Family said...

Looks great--can't wait to come see it in person!
Love,
Deanna

Don said...

That's a really beautiful room now Robin!

Don said...

Although I think you might be sitting too close to the TV.

Anonymous said...

can you come decorate my house?? I don't think I could have made any room look that good.

Robin said...

Sitting too close to the TV???? What?? It's not a very big screen...

Don said...

What size is the TV? Maybe it's an optical illusion. The room does look great though!

Gma L said...

Thanks to your Uncle Daryl, I may now be able to comment. The only problem that I see with the room is the color, blue, That's OK; you didn't paint the room for me.
I'm really just trying to see if I can comment; I've tried several times before, without success.

Robin said...

I know your feelings about blue Grandma! My office is the same color. I'll have to do a green room in your honor. Green is really in right now anyway!

Robin said...

The TV is a 27". The distance from nose to screen in that room is 70". According to www.practical-home-theater-guide.com, acceptable viewing distances are between 2 times and 5 times the screen width. So in my case, 54-135". I think we're ok...but I actually had never thought about it!

Tracy Wilde said...

love, love, love it! I especially like the kids work/play station. that light feature is too cool. great work..as usual Robin!

.:meagan.rae:. said...

OH MY GOSH Robin! It looks so amazing! this turned out great!!! :) Good job!

SimplyGrove said...

It looks Fantastic Robin!!!!!! Simplygrove might need to take a trip to photograph some rooms....hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Loving it! I swore off blue in my home but I've been toying with the idea of blue walls in just the right shade. I think you picked a great color! I love dark walls. The green curtains and white accents really help to keep it bright too! It's a wonderful job!

AZDonna said...

I think you should submit the kids' desk area to unclutterer and see if they pick it for workspace of the week. It's beautiful!