Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Thrill and the Agony


I am in Olympics withdrawal. I admit it. I miss the sound of gold medals clinking together in the water cube. I long to see the chalk flying from the hands of the gymnasts and Bela Karolyi's outbursts about underage Chinese gymnasts and incompetent judges. I was becoming addicted to Michael Phelps and his momma, and the soothing sound of Bob Costas' voice. The drama...the anguish...the triumph...I miss it all.

And to jump from the glory of Olympics, to the excruciating DNC, is almost too much to bear. I want to go back to Beijing. Put Michael and Dara back in the water. Toss Nastia (what an unfortunate name) and Shawn back on the beam. Drag Misty and Kerri out onto the sand. I'll even watch water polo, speed walking, and wrestling. Just give me more Olympics please.

18 months from now, the Olympics return, a day's drive away, in Vancouver. We are already planning to go. Now how do I get to the Athlete's Village? I want to meet some figure skaters...

2 comments:

AZDonna said...

Misty May-Traenor is dancing on DWTS this fall. She was in town last week watching her husband's team play against the Dbacks. She got lots of local coverage. Such a nice gal.

I enjoyed the Olympics a lot, but I was about ready for them to end. Now I'm anxious for Fall TV season to begin! Bring on Heroes, Chuck and Lost.

jennifer lee said...

I exponentially concur...what to do with our evenings now???