Monday, August 4, 2008

Coach Holsinger

Megan is doing Boise Optimist Cheerleading this year. Boise Optimist is the equivalent of Pop Warner or mini football. I got an email this evening from her coach, telling me that I was her assistant coach and that I needed to attend the coach's meeting on Wednesday night with her. Wahaat....I didn't know I volunteered to be an assistant coach? I vaguely recall, during sign-ups, checking a few of the parent volunteer boxes...is it possible that I checked "assistant coach" without realizing it? What have I gotten myself into?

We'll see how much they really want me, when I show up with my rambunctious 3-year-old who has his own ideas about how to restructure the program. Do they allow boy cheerleaders?

3 comments:

Gma L said...

If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. I think that you fit that definition perfectly. Maybe Steven can be the mascot!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. Thanks for the kind words. H

Jonnie said...

You're an amazing mother and I love having you as my roll- model as well as my friend... Love you!