Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blog Title...

So why the strange blog title? The obvious answer is that I frequently say things that I shouldn't. My husband has a knack for saying the things we are all thinking, but are afraid to say. But he has a great internal edit button. He always seems to know where the line is, and whether or not to push up against it. My edit button is constantly on the fritz. It's not because I'm gutsy enough to say bold things, they just pop out. Sometimes I wish that I could grab them in mid-air and pull them back in my mouth. More often than not, I don't even realize I've said something stupid until later. And then it hits me...oooh, that didn't come out right...did I really say that?...did anyone hear me?

The deeper issue is really a heart issue. Matthew 12:34 says "Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." If my mouth is speaking inappropriate things, then fixing my mouth is not the answer. Changing my heart is. So that's what God's doing in me right now, teaching me to love others and have true grace for them in my heart. I'm still a work in progress...and thank you, Lord, for continuing to work on me, and showing me the love and grace I lack toward others.

1 comment:

Kelly Wilde said...

oh Robin, I just love you! :) And I love your new blog!!