Monday, November 3, 2008

God Bless America



This song was written as a prayer. Prayer is what our nation needs more than anything right now. And that's what our church has been doing for the last 21 days. Three times a day, 6 am, noon, and 6 pm, we have been gathering and praying for our nation as a whole and the individual states. We believe that prayer is effective and it causes miraculous things to happen.

Asking God to bless American means something to me. It is more than a campaign line or a platitude. It's a request from the deepest part of our soul, pleading with God to have mercy on this nation, to intercede on our behalf, and heal this broken land. No matter what happens after tomorrow, God is still sovereign and we will faithfully support and respect our leaders. But I also understand that my hope can never be in politicians, government, or even religion. My hope is in God.

And God, please bless America. Amen

7 comments:

JB said...

You did amazing Steven! That's a hard song, im super proud of you! you made my night...i heard mommy too, she sings good!

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet; I have no idea why it happened, but just as Steven sang the last note, my eyes overflowed, and I'm still dripping. Your mom was five when she made her first public appearance, in front of the whole congregation, with "Be Careful, Little Hands". That may not be the actual title, but it will suffice.

My sympathy goes out to Obama tonight. Your mom is better than TV news. I hadn't heard that his grandmother died, on one of the biggest nights of his life.

Shana said...

Great job, Steven!

SimplyGrove said...

So so precious!!!!

AZDonna said...

So sweet, Steven. God bless you for reminding us in such a special way.

.:meagan.rae:. said...

awww how sweet!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I lost a generation. It was Steven's grandma who sang "Be Careful, Little Hands" when she was five. How time flies. It was over fifty years ago! Great Grandma L.