Monday, October 6, 2008

Seattle is the Bomb!

We are totally digging Seattle! (Of course, I am taking lots of pics, but the computer cord is at home, right in it's drawer, instead of with us, so pics will come later.)

We flew in this morning, and took a taxi to our hotel. (No rent-a-car for me this time, we are hoofing it and working the public transportation.) Our hotel is a gorgeous, modern, Pacific-Northwest style hotel, right in the heart of downtown Seattle.

Our first stop was Pike's Place Market, which is this amazing, "ginormous" maze of an indoor and outdoor market. We browsed and ate lunch there. (Yummy clam chowder.) Then we headed to the Seattle Aquarium. The fish were abundant, the harbor seals were adorable, and the gift shop...expensive. But it was fun!

We ended our afternoon back at Pike's Place picking up french bread, fruit, freshly-made cheese, and salami for dinner at the hotel. The walk back to our hotel felt long and wet (Did I mention it started raining on the way to the aquarium? We we are in SEATTLE after all!) But we made it and a hot bath and fuzzy robe warmed our toes.

We are getting ready to watch a movie and drink hot chocolate before bed. Goodnight, Seattle!

5 comments:

AZDonna said...

I wish I was there with you. Sounds like such a fun, fun day... and evening snuggled into your room with hot chocolate and a movie. Love it! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Don said...

Dan and Sylvia Croy live there. They have a nice house on the ocean and a big boat. I don't have his phone number but if you're going to be there a few days and want it I could get it from him. Unless of course you don't remember Dan and Sylvia. Heather does of course but you probably didn't see them much.

Tracy Wilde said...

wow, sounds fantastic! i love the memories you and megan will always have from this special trip. have a great time. saw steven this morning and he was having a blast with his girls, kate and kel. ;)

Kelly Wilde said...

oh, I am JEALOUS! :) that sounds so heavenly to me right now! But I must say we are having a blast here with Steven! We made pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes today... yummy! :) Love you guys and miss you! Say hi to seattle for me:)

Unknown said...

Oh how I love Seattle! So jealous!